Hardwood Flooring in Franklin, MA
Hardwood flooring from Flooring America Design Center can improve the value and look of your home! Our showroom in Franklin, MA, offers a huge selection of beautiful hardwood products that are perfect for any home. Imagine teh stunning look of natural wood grain lining the floors throughout your home. Whether you’re looking for traditional solid hardwood or something more durable, like engineered hardwood, we have it all! There’s no limit to the styles you can discover at our local flooring store. Our knowledgeable flooring experts are ready to answer your questions and help you find your perfect hardwood flooring. We take the time to learn about your current interior design and style preferences, performance needs, and overall goals for your flooring. After we help you find your ideal flooring, rely on us to help you install it for a seamless finish. From selection to installation, we’re there for you at every step!
Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood
There are two types of hardwood flooring: solid and engineered. Solid hardwood and engineered hardwood look exactly alike. Looks can be deceiving, though, because the two perform very differently. Learn more about each hardwood flooring type:
- Solid hardwood flooring is a traditional wood floor style where each plank is made from a single, solid piece of wood. Each plank is typically ¾ inch thick and made entirely of premium hardwood. Since it’s completely solid throughout, you can often sand and refinish your solid hardwood floors to meet your ever-changing style needs. This eliminates scratches, stains, dents, and other imperfections. While solid hardwood is a beautiful flooring, it can be susceptible to warping in humid or moisture-prone environments. Due to this, we recommend installing your solid hardwood flooring in above-grade and non-moisture-prone rooms.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is created from laminate layers. This layered design adds stability and prevents the wood from warping from moisture and humidity exposure. A natural hardwood veneer at the surface, meaning engineered and solid hardwood looks identical from above. This type of hardwood is more affordable and durable. The only disadvantage to engineered hardwood is you can’t usually sand and refinish as often as solid wood. This depends on the quality and thickness of its top layer.
Hardwood’s Many Benefits
Hardwood flooring has so many amazing benefits that not only help improve the value of your home, but can also improve your quality of life. When you purchase hardwood flooring from us, you invest in top-quality products from the industry’s best brands. These brands include Aquadura H2O, Baroque Flooring, Spotlight Values, Kahrs, Floorcraft, Mannington, Shaw Floors, and many more. Learn more about hardwood’s great benefits:
- Enhances the look and feel of your home by adding a touch of elegance.
- Low maintenance and easy to keep clean.
- Adds value to your home.
- Solid and durable, meaning it can last for decades and is an excellent long-term investment.
- Helps improve interior air quality.
- Looks great with any decor style.
- Comes in various appearances, colors, styles, stains, and species.
- Improves acoustics in your space.
Keeping Your Hardwood Floors Like-New
Keeping your hardwood floors clean and looking brand new for years to come is easy! The Franklin area experiences a lot of humidity throughout the year, especially in the summer, so you must prepare your new hardwood floors accordingly. Before using any hardwood cleaning products, consult your floor’s warranty to ensure you are using a product that won’t harm your hardwood flooring. We are always happy to make a cleaning product recommendation! Take these steps to ensure your new wood floors are pristine:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum.
- Dry mop to remove any excess dirt and debris.
- For a deeper clean, use a soap and water mixture when mopping.
- Use a wood polish every 2-4 months for extra shiny floors.
- Consider purchasing a dehumidifier to help prevent your wood floors from expanding and contracting due to moisture.
Professional Hardwood Installation
When it comes to installing your brand-new hardwood floors, you can count on My Flooring America’s team of professional installers. With such a significant investment, you want to ensure an experienced installer handles your installation. Our team has years of experience under their belts and is familiar with our product brands. A smooth hardwood installation is guaranteed with our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee. This guarantee is our promise to you of a quality installation. If you are unhappy with your new floors, we will replace them at no cost to you within 30 days of installation, providing a product of a similar price. We are committed to helping your design aspirations come to life and will find the hardwood floor to match.
Contact us to learn more about our hardwood selection and installation services. We proudly serve customers in Franklin, MA, and the surrounding communities.